“These cards provide fun progressions for learners and coaches”
Nigel Williams, Head of Training, Glenmore Lodge
New resource for leaders and instructors of navigation.
The NNAS Cone Cards are an aid for teaching the fundamentals of navigation and providing the link from classroom exercises to going outdoors with a map.
- The sets of cards are ready for use saving you hours of preparation time.
- They can be used many times. Just collect them in at the end of the exercise and re-use next time. They are tearproof and waterproof and designed for repeated use.
- A pack provides you with enough cards for each student to have a card in their hand and work individually.
The NNAS Cone Cards have been designed in collaboration between HARVEY and professional outdoor instructors for the National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS) to provide leaders and instructors with a tool for teaching crucial aspects of navigation.
The Cone Cards are ideal for learning and practising how to set a map properly. The pack consists of a set of 16 unique pairs providing a steady progression in difficulty level.
Each pack includes an instruction sheet written by Nigel Williams, with guidance on methods and good practice.
The cards are printed in colour on plastic making them suitable for all environments – no need to laminate! Ideal for use in schools, outdoor centres, and with groups of all kinds wherever there is interaction with the environment in an outdoor learning context.
Whether you are teaching indoors or out, these cards are designed to last
Key points at a glance:
- Handy size
- Suitable for a range of skill levels
- Pack includes an instruction sheet
- Suitable for a teaching group of up to 16 students