Terms and Conditions
- National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS) (“We”/”Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- From a data protection point of view NNAS is a ‘data controller’.
- NNAS is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We process personal information about members, customers, staff, volunteers, complainants and representatives of other organisations. We may collect and process data about you in the manner set out below.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on, or downloaded from, Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use Our online Management System hosted by TahDah Verified Ltd. (a software company) (link to TVLs terms & conditions), subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
- The information you give us may include your personal details, membership details, goods and services, financial details, education details, visual images.
- With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we may automatically collect the following information about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment services (please see Section 7 below for more information on this), delivery services, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We will use the information you give to us:
- to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the national public as specified in our constitution; administer membership records; to fund-raise and promote the interests of the charity; manage our employees and volunteers; maintain our own accounts and records.
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us.
- to notify you about changes to Our Site or services.
- We will use the information we collect about you:
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may combine the information We receive from other sources with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- If you register with Us to become a provider of NNAS/ODA/YNSA courses your details will be shared with TahDah Verified Limited (TVL) who host the online Management System used by Us to manage our awards. NNAS & TVL may contact you by electronic means for purposes of managing the System and your registration.
- Participants on an NNAS course will have their name, date of birth, email address (if provided), and the level of NNAS course undertaken, shared with TahDah Verified Limited (TVL) who host the online Management System used by Us to manage our awards. If an email address is provided you will receive a login password for the online Management System so that you can manage and update your own details on the database.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NNAS, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed in accordance with section 7.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- PAYMENT PROCESSING
- We accept payment by cheque or Bank Transfer via the NNAS office.
- If you pay for anything by credit/debit card through the online Management System your payment is facilitated by TVL and will show on your statement as being to TahDah Verified Ltd. All payments are secure and your card details are not stored by TVL or NNAS; they are encrypted and stored by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant payment gateway. Please read TVL’s Terms & Conditions for further details LINK
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our Site may contain links to and from the websites of our providers, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you, and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the this legislation. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.